Many students when asked what they would like to do in the future reply “I don’t know!”
You don’t have to know what you want to do now. You should be thinking about possibilities or first steps.
What can you do to generate possibilities?
The first step in generating possibilities is to know yourself.
- What is important to me?
- What skills and abilities do I have?
- What subjects interest me?
The next step is to think about who can help you.
- Parents, whanau and friends
- school staff – teachers, tutors, deans, careers staff
- professional careers counsellors
Online interactive tools on the Careers NZ website that help generate ideas.
Check out the Jobs by Interest publication https://www.careers.govt.nz/assets/Jobs-by-Interest-He-Aronga-Mahi/Jobs-by-Interest-He-Aronga-Mahi-WEB.pdf